Pages

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Text to Self Connection

Water For Elephants (215)
Text to Self-Connection. While reading this novel I found that I am able to relate to Jacob (the main character).I definitely don’t work in a circus or do any of the jobs Jacob does but I feel the same way he does in the story. This Text to Self-Connection is connected with my Text to World Connection post below. In the novel, Jacob witnesses violent behaviour to the animals given by the manager of the circus. He has no choice but to stand there and watch everything that is happening. He feels helpless and sorry for those animals. I could say I feel the same way. Out there in the world today many animals are experiencing cruel and violent abuse. Many of them are actually circus animals. A website that I read described the way animals are treated while in the circus and that it is still happening. The helplessness Jacob feels is exactly how I feel. While reading those articles I felt helpless and hated that I was able to do anything. Wishing I could go and save all of those poor animals. Jacob wasn’t able to save or do anything about it either. He had no choice but to sit there and hate on everything they were going through. I feel for him and hate knowing animals are going through awful abuse every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment