Pages

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Six Word Memoirs De-brief

What did I learn about storytelling?
While working on my six word memoirs I got stuck plenty of times. I am someone who needs to write with tons of detail and has to explain every point.   Either having 7 words or 5, coming up with just 6 was actually really tough. I ended up finishing all 8 and realizing that storytelling doesn't always have to be told in novel form or 10 pages long.  It can simply be told within 6 words.
Where did I show my knowledge about using storytelling skills?
I used my knowledge about storytelling skills when I had to figure out what words to use while writing my six word memoirs. I wanted to make my six words fit nicely and tell the story exactly how I read it.  I had to move and change words around. because they didn't go well in my sentence. Certain words I chose told the story differently and changed the meaning completely.
What did I learn as a reader, writer, thinker, storyteller?
As a reader I definitely learned that six words can explain a lot. They can tell a story and describe an event in a very short form yet still meaningful. I also learned to read the sentence in different ways and try to figure out the broad meaning behind the six words. As a writer I learned to take my time and figure out what word fits where. I also learned that not every idea and thought has to be expressed in a lot of detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment